What to do on a rainy Saturday:
1. Decide to clean your room. Find a Back to the Future Marathon on tv and start rummaging through the dresser drawers.
2. Find a pair of Express pants, purchased at a consignment shop at least 4 years ago. Tags are still on.
3. Try on pants. They fit! But, I’m not sure they are really my style….which is why they were wadded up in a drawer with the tags still on. (How they survived at least 2 moves, I don’t know…well, ok- I’m a lazy packrat.)4. Cut the lower legs off the pants.
5. Use the scraps to check the tension on the sewing machine. One of the legs becomes a project bag for knitting! Already in use.
6. Decide they are not any better as cropped pants. (Whoops, no picture of this.) Remember this whipup tutorial for turning pants into a skirt. Commence ripping of the inseam.
8. Sew up the new seams! Rip them out, and sew them again to get rid of the weird wrinkle over the butt.
9. Wish desperately for a serger while zig-zag stitching the rapidly unraveling hem.
10. Face the iron again and pin down the hemline. Catch up on an episode of White Collar via Hulu while hand-stitching the hem.
12. Realize the bedroom is even messier than it was when I started. Oh well.